Thursday 29 March 2007

Kepler


I've just got back from my final NZ tramp, the 60k Kepler track. The dawn view of the valley from above the clouds was breathtaking. The second part over the ridgeline offered some absoutely stunning views along a long exposed ridge walk, probably the best views of the tramps I've done here.

At the end of a long 9 hours walking on my second day I was able to enjoy a really refreshing swim in the beautiful lake Manapouri. It was also really nice to start and finish the walk from Te Anau under my own steam. Next time I'll have to make it a bit more challenging.

Right now I'm back in Queenstown (black sheep, room 3) and am flying up to Christchurch today as I didnt particularly fancy 9 hours on the bus. Then its off to Oz on Sunday - will definitely be a little sad leaving NZ but sure I can always come back again in another 12 years.

No comments: